
Well we did something major with our living room. We were offered a wood burning insert for our open fire place. We had originally went shopping for an insert a few years ago, but never got one because they are so expensive!
This one had a price tag that could not be turned down....Free! It took dome doing, thankfully we had Anson right in the middle of everything to help us out, and we got it in.
I had a cop buddy that does rock for fire places, and he gave me a good deal on the rock. And is
for the most part done. I still have a little work to do with the mantle, but it turned out great.
Our November/December bill was cut in 1/2 from 2005! So in 1 month it saved us $90.

3 comments:
Wow! That's an amazing transformation! Looks great!
That looks so amazing! WOW! Since there is such a big space between the last picture and the one before it, I thought the one before it was your finished product. HAha. I was going to ask you, "When is your cop friend going to come back and finish it? Or are you no longer friends?"
You should paint the part of the wall that pops out to be part of the fireplace darker to make it stand out more - dramatic and all that.
Post a Comment