Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Challenge

ok so my wife thinks i am a little crazy. Yes, i play with dirt. And to show her that i am not the only one that plays with dirt, i have a Challenge! this is Japanese art called Dorodango. it's made from dirt, tap water, time and lots of patients. I think it's cool. so the challenge is for you to make your own dorodango and send me a picture of it. you can post it on facebook if you wish, but just be sure that Kaylynn is aware of your progress! to help you out, here are a few web pages on how to do it. i am on day 7 of mine, and i am attempting to polish the shine onto it. I even started another with Melissa today. anyway, here you go.

www.dorodango.com/create.html

http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=dorodango&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi

www.ehow.com/how_2268956_shiny-dorodango-mud-ball.html

http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Make-a-Dorodango



7 comments:

KayStar said...

rolling eyes.....
why do I have to be in love with such a strange boy who likes to play with mud?

Alisa said...

I don't get it, what is the purpose of this ball?

Tyna-Minet said...

oh Drew, bless your heart, I think this may end up proving Kaylynn right. It looks cool but I think playing in dirt is more of a boy thing.

P.S. congrats again on the promotion! We need to get together sometime to celebrate, I nominate Kaylynn to plan it.

DREW said...

come on, someone help a guy out! the purpose is that it is fun, and you have a feeling of accomplishment once you are done with it!

DREW said...

come on, someone help a guy out! the purpose is that it is fun, and you have a feeling of accomplishment once you are done with it!

Doc Payne said...

Does it work with sand? There isn't a whole lot of dirt in Iraq... I am gonna try it today.

KayStar said...

Thank you TM and Alisa, now he knows that it isn't just me!